What we do
As a volunteer you will be a member of Event Health Services (EHS). EHS members provide first aid services to a variety of events such as:
- Sporting events
- Community events
We also assist with emergencies such as the Huon Bushfires.
We don’t transport patients.
In exchange for your time you will receive
As you progress in your volunteer role you will be given:
- Free access to high quality advanced first aid training
- Nationally recognized qualifications in health care
- Potential to develop skills in management and leadership
- Regular weekly training sessions from qualified experts
- Recognition of service and achievements
We will expect some things from you
St John Ambulance has a proud history, so we will expect some things from you in your volunteer role.
You will need to:
- Provide us with a Working with Vulnerable people card and a current National Police check
- Uphold the values and public image of St John Ambulance
- Follow St John Ambulance processes and procedures
- Maintain your clinical accreditations
- Commit to a minimum of 60 hours of duty a year over a minimum of 10 duties and attend at least 12 training sessions per year.
How to apply
To apply, follow these steps:
- Complete the Volunteer Application Form
- Submit your application form with your resume via email to email@example.com
If you are accepted into the program you will then need to:
If you require more information on the program, please contact us.