St John Ambulance Tasmania is committed to best-practice privacy standards.
St John Ambulance Tasmania is strongly committed to protecting your privacy. We aim to safeguard your personal information and will always handle your personal information securely and carefully. We are bound by Australian Privacy Laws and instruct our staff to be aware of their obligations under these laws.
We recognise that your personal information is important to you and share your concerns about:
Why information is collected
St John Ambulance Tasmania collects information for a variety of reasons including:
- To deliver products or services to you.
- To complete other transactions with you or on your behalf.
- To better understand your requirements and preferences.
- To improve our service.
- To provide offers that maybe of interest or benefit to you.
How information is collected
The personal information we collect is in most cases supplied by you when you place an order, register on our website, enter a competition, complete a survey or provide feedback to us.
What information is collected?
The personal information you provide St John Ambulance Tasmania usually consists of your:
- delivery address
- contact details
- transaction information.
Who may we share the information with?
We value our customers and do not share information with any other organisations other than third parties who perform part of our service delivery. Often details such as your name and address will be provided to these relevant organisations which include those involved in:
- providing, delivering, managing or administering your product or service
- maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure–including testing or upgrading our computer systems,
- the payments system including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations.
- Maintaining mailing lists where you have indicated that you want to be receive information from us.
Other than the above, St John Ambulance Tasmania will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent unless legally required to do so. For example, we may be required by law to provide your information to government authorities for purposes related to public health or safety, or the prevention or detection of unlawful activities.
What direct marketing or emails you will receive?
When you become a customer of St John, you will be added to our mailing list. This is an ‘opt out’ system. The mailing list is for the purpose of corresponding with you on marketing promotions and special offers. At any time, if you no longer wish to receive email communication from us, please ensure that you select the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email we send you. Alternatively, you can notify us that you wish to be removed from our mailing list by contacting us at: [email protected].
As required by Australian Law, St John Ambulance Tasmania takes all reasonable steps to protect personal or company information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We use the eWAY Payment Gateway for online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments. Credit card information is not stored or captured in any way by St John Ambulance Tasmania.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by St John Ambulance Tasmania or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data center, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by St John Ambulance Tasmania.
Accessing and updating your information
If you would like to access or update your personal information, logon to the website and update your account details.
Making a complaint
If you have a concern about your privacy, you have the right to make a complaint and we will do everything we reasonably can to rectify the situation. If you wish to make a complaint, contact us at [email protected] or via post at:
National Privacy Officer
St John Ambulance Tasmania
177 Main Road
Moonah TAS 7009