St John Community Care identifies community need in order to deliver responsive volunteer programs which foster the personal independence and resilience.
These objectives are mutually agreed overarching aspirations of St. John Community Care. They identify our desire to enhance the well-being of the community.
St John Community Care works together across states and territories, and turns resources into services that contribute to the following objectives.
* Improve the quality of life for the vulnerable people, especially those living independently at home.
* Build social inclusion by providing companionship and support to members of the community in times of need.
* Increase economic and social participation by building individual skill sets through training and assistance in learning.
Our Community Care volunteers are caring individuals from the age of 18 who recognise other peoples’ needs to improve their quality of life.
We assist people to have a more independent lifestyle through the delivery of services which are not currently being provided by family or through other community or government agencies.
Our clients may have an illness, a mild disability, be ageing or just need some extra help with the day to day functions of living in their own homes or in residential care.
Our volunteers can provide the following support:
* Shopping – with or without the client
* Community Transport to medical appointments (9:30 – 4pm weekdays)
* Befriending – volunteers visit clients in their private home for a chat, share a cup of coffee or tea
Or simply company to those alone or feeling lonely
For more information regarding Community Care please contact us;
Hobart (03) 6271 0333
Launceston (03) 6343 4226
State wide 1300 360 455
or email firstname.lastname@example.org